The 2019 ROC Your Global Future Conference Schedule will be released closer to date.
See below to read more on the 2018 conference schedule.
Conference Rgestration/Check-In will be in the lobby of the Studeny Alumni Union (SAU).
Breakout sessions allow students to choose which topics are of most interest to them. There will be three blocks of breakout sessions during the conference with presentations covering a variety of topics taking place during each block.
Breakout sessions revolve around four themes:
- Going Abroad Again
- Reflecting on Your Experience
- Study Abroad in Your Career
- Becoming A Global Citizen
2018 Final Schedule:
10:00: – 10:30am: Registration/breakfast
10:30am – 10:50am: Welcome
11:00am – 11:50am: Breakout Session I
- An American Abroad: The Politics of Traveling
- IPSL International Graduate Programs
- Not just a semester at the beach: Professionalizing your study abroad experience on your resume
- Storytelling after Study Abroad
- Study Abroad Scholarships and Fellowships
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Keynote Speaker
We are excited to announce the 2018 keynote conference speaker will be Dr. Keith Jenkins, RIT Vice President & Associate Provost for Diversity & Inclusion .
12:30pm – 1:30pm: Lunch/ Resume Review/ Networking
1:40pm – 2:30pm: Breakout Session II
- Make the Most of Your World in the Peace Corps: Get inspired to make an impact that is hands-on, grassroots-driven, and long-lasting
- Find your study abroad flow and keep it flowing
- Working Abroad- General Things To Consider
- Why Doesn’t Anybody Care? Study Abroad Therapy, Processing Your Experience Abroad and At Home
- Students and Faculty using the World as their Oyster
2:30pm – 3:00pm: Resume Review/ Networking
3:00pm – 3:50pm: Breakout Session III
- Getting Involved at Your University
- Fullbright Student Programs
- Travel Hacking with Jason Boring
- Prepare for the Global Workforce: Welcome back…Now What?
- Sharing Your Study Abroad Experience Through Storymaps
4:00pm – 4:30pm: Closing ceremony