The 2nd annual ROC Your Global Future conference was hosted at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) on November 3, 2019. Thank you to all of our attendees, presenters and sponsors for making it such a success!
See below to get a brief understanding of the topics that were discussed and the flow of the schedule.
10:00: – 10:30am: Registration/breakfast
10:30am – 10:50am: Welcome
11:00am – 11:50am: Breakout Session I
- An American Abroad: The Politics of Traveling
- IPSL International Graduate Programs
- Not just a semester at the beach: Professionalizing your study abroad experience on your resume
- Storytelling after Study Abroad
- Study Abroad Scholarships and Fellowships
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Keynote Speaker
We are excited to announce the 2018 keynote conference speaker will be Dr. Keith Jenkins, RIT Vice President & Associate Provost for Diversity & Inclusion .
12:30pm – 1:30pm: Lunch/ Resume Review/ Networking
1:40pm – 2:30pm: Breakout Session II
- Make the Most of Your World in the Peace Corps: Get inspired to make an impact that is hands-on, grassroots-driven, and long-lasting
- Find your study abroad flow and keep it flowing
- Working Abroad- General Things To Consider
- Why Doesn’t Anybody Care? Study Abroad Therapy, Processing Your Experience Abroad and At Home
- Students and Faculty using the World as their Oyster
2:30pm – 3:00pm: Resume Review/ Networking
3:00pm – 3:50pm: Breakout Session III
- Getting Involved at Your University
- Fullbright Student Programs
- Travel Hacking with Jason Boring
- Prepare for the Global Workforce: Welcome back…Now What?
- Sharing Your Study Abroad Experience Through Storymaps
4:00pm – 4:30pm: Closing ceremony